Canada Revenue Agency Enhances Security
For businesses it is now mandatory that owners have access to their online My Business account with the Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) in order to approve new representatives.
- Introducing a new way to authorize a representative, which will help you protect your tax information using My Account or My Business Account. To learn more about the new process, go to Confirm a representative using My Account or My Business Account.
- The CRA is expanding the digital two-step verification process to confirm new authorized representatives to also include requests from Efilers. Business owners will be required to sign into My Business account to confirm requests submitted through the Business Consent Service in Efile.
- Representatives can no longer change a business address with CRA here is a List of services for representatives of individuals and a List of services for representatives of businesses.
Your representative is a person, a group of people or a business that you authorize to deal with the CRA for you, such as:
- an accountant
- a bookkeeper
- your spouse or common-law partner
- another family member
- a friend
- a lawyer
- a customs broker
- an executor
- a power of attorney
How to register with CRA you ask? Click the link below to find out.
Why register for online access?
- Convenient – It is available 21 hours a day, 7 days a week (see Hours of service).
- Easy to use – After registering, simply log in with your CRA user ID and password.
- Fast – Information is up-to-the-minute and transactions are processed immediately.
- Secure – The CRA user ID and password are just part of the security.
- More Services in My Business Account – Canada.ca
- More About My Account – Canada.ca